carbonet.net Forum Index carbonet.net
Welcome to the Carbonet Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catalogue of facies and microfacies of the Paleozoic reefs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    carbonet.net Forum Index -> Publications, PhD's etc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bjarne Rafaelsen
Site Admin

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2005 09:09    Post subject: Catalogue of facies and microfacies of the Paleozoic reefs Reply with quote

With some colleagues we plan to edit a catalogue of facies and microfacies of the Paleozoic reefs and bioaccumulations which corresponds to the topics of the meeting organized in Paris (next 7-9th September, read more about the meeting here: http://www.carbonet.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29) concerning the Paleoizoc reefs and bioaccumulations. The purpose of this catalogue is to be a support for teaching, so that we try to offer examples from different stages and paleogeographic areas.
As responsible of Ordovician chapter, I had to collect information and NICE PHOTOS of facies and microfacies around the world of this Ordovician stage.

We were thinking a kind of distribution as follows:
I. Introducion (2 pp)
II. Chapters Cambrian: 1 p of introduction plus 12 examples (each one
with 1 p for text and 1 p for a plate); Ordovician, Silurian,
Devonian, Carboniferous and Permian... the same.
III. References: ca. 4 p. with a maximum of 5 references per example,
and written in the style of the Bull Soc géol France
In summary, we think that we can do this volume with ca. 150-160 pp.

We will be very grateful to received contribution of some of you for this catalogue and I send a model of what could be such contribution (see http://www.carbonet.net/pm.pdf). At the moment, we need examples to illustrate reefs of Early and Middle Ordovician from low to high latitude and examples of Late Ordovician from low latitude position.

Please, receive my best regards and really I hope that you will participate with us to this catalogue.

Emmanuelle

Contact information: Emmanuelle Vennin evennin@cimrs1.mnhn.fr

(posted by Bjarne Rafaelsen on behalf of Emmanuelle Vennin)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    carbonet.net Forum Index -> Publications, PhD's etc. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: