carbonet.net Forum Index carbonet.net
Welcome to the Carbonet Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blogs of interest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    carbonet.net Forum Index -> Internet resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bjarne Rafaelsen
Site Admin

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2008 09:11    Post subject: Blogs of interest Reply with quote

"Oil Is Mastery" is an interesting blog with many good links to publications, other blogs etc. The heading of the "Oil Is Mastery" blog indicate these topics: Abiogenic Petroleum Origin, Abiotic Oil, Inorganic Geochemistry and Petrophysics of Mantle Hydrocarbons, Rock Disturbances Theory of Petroleum Emanations, Mantle Oil and Volcanic Gas, Volcanology, Mantle Plumes, Astrochemistry and Astrogeology, Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Peak Oil Theory, And How To Profit From Them.

Read more here: http://oilismastery.blogspot.com/
Mathias
Forum Message Poster

PostPosted: 25 May 2009 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a little more than a year I am blogging as the Lost Geologist at http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com/ mainly about my way to becoming a geologist. My diploma mapping project especially is related to Jurassic carbonate rocks of the oolithic Hauptrogenstein. Aside of that I write about various topic I find interested, like mineral deposits and carbonate rocks as a resource and general issues of the geoblogosphere. Perhaps they are of interest to some people.

If you have comments or suggestions feel free to let me know. I'm always open to improvement.
Bjarne Rafaelsen
Site Admin

PostPosted: 25 May 2009 19:30    Post subject: Nice cite. Reply with quote

I like your angle on your blog and the beautiful pictures. I hope you have a lot of visitors.

Please feel free to contribute in the forums at www.carbonet.net/forum, mayby you can find someone to discuss your work with here? Or if you wish to present you thesis work in some way I will be able to help you upload pdf's, powerpoints etc.

Good luck on further work :)
Mathias
Forum Message Poster

PostPosted: 26 May 2009 00:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it and thanks for your wishes! Geology is often easier explained with a good foto or graphic than many words in my opinion. That's why there are so many fotos.

I'm currently wrapping-up the geological, outcrop and isoline maps that I work on. Once they are sent-off to my supervisor I'll have more time while writing the report to discuss stuff. Since I am doing this project at the resource/exploration geological department of regional geological survey in SW-Germany I might not be able to discuss all the details though. But inbetween writing and searching a diploma thesis maybe I find time to post some nice fotos of oolithic limestone.
stephenxanders
Forum Message Poster

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010 07:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathias wrote:
Glad you like it and thanks for your wishes! Geology is often easier explained with a good foto or graphic than many words in my opinion. That's why there are so many fotos.

I'm currently wrapping-up the geological, outcrop and isoline maps that I work on. Once they are sent-off to my supervisor I'll have more time while writing the report to discuss stuff. Since I am doing this project at the resource/exploration geological department of regional geological survey in SW-Germany I might not be able to discuss all the details though. But inbetween writing and searching a diploma thesis maybe I find time to post some nice fotos of oolithic limestone.

It's good to visit your site.. You articles and writings are nice and informative. I would just suggest that you add some colors and effects to your site so that people would love to visit your site often :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    carbonet.net Forum Index -> Internet resources All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: