carbonet.net Forum Index carbonet.net
Welcome to the Carbonet Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    carbonet.net Forum Index -> Conferences, meetings etc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bjarne Rafaelsen
Site Admin

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007 08:31    Post subject: March 2008 Reply with quote

8th Middle East Geosciences Conference and Exhibition, Baharain March 3-5th 2008. www.geobahrain.org

Last edited by Bjarne Rafaelsen on 02 Aug 2007 07:05; edited 1 time in total
Bjarne Rafaelsen
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2007 07:04    Post subject: Biennial Geophysical Seminar Reply with quote

Biennial Geophysical Seminar
Radisson SAS Caledonien Hotel, Kristiansand, Norway. March 17th-19th 2008.

http://www.npf.no/course.php?id=568&time=227

The Norwegian Petroleum Society is organising its traditional three day geophysical seminar in Kristiansand. The biennial seminar has, since its start in 1977, become popular and respected throughout the petroleum industry. The themes of these seminars highlight recent achievements, changes and new developments in geophysical techniques relevant to the petroleum industry.

The world’s oil consumption is becoming increasingly dependent on oil produced from fields that are past their peak production and the oil industry has not succeeded in finding new reserves to balance the increased demand. In the future we will need to explore for more subtle traps, both in mature and frontier areas. For the producing fields we need to increase the recovery rates and increase efficiency by new work processes. The main objective of the 2008 seminar is to highlight how development and applications of geophysical techniques can help to meet these challenges, specifically for the Norwegian continental shelf. Improvements are required in exploration, field development and production.
Bjarne Rafaelsen
Site Admin

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2007 10:48    Post subject: APPLIED CARBONATE SEMINAR Reply with quote

APPLIED CARBONATE SEMINAR

MARCH 3-7, 2008

"Carbonates Applied to Hydrocarbon Exploration and Exploitation" will be taught from March 3-7, 2008 in Houston.

This highly applied seminar, which has been presented to industry 55 times, integrates lectures with rock-based exercises and a core workshop, utilizing a hands-on approach. Participants praise this format.

This seminar is for geologists, geophysicists, reservoir engineers, and log analysts working, or planning to work, carbonate sequences. Managers who need to learn more about carbonate reservoirs also attend this seminar. Many companies send teams of geoscientists and engineers; or a geologist and a geophysicist evaluating a particular play or basin. This is an excellent refresher course for those you have been out of the world of carbonates for some time.

In addition, participants will be introduced to the newer trade wind models for carbonate sedimentation, several of which apply directly to the exploration for productive carbonate successions, ranging in age from the Cretaceous of the Gulf Coast to the Devonian and Mississippian of western Canada. The core exercise in this seminar examines a suite of cores comprised of reefal and oolitic sand sequences, with exploration connotations for many carbonate sequences around the world.

Plus, numerous case studies are presented during this seminar, providing you with a set of guidelines that you can apply to your areas of interest.

COMMENTS FROM PAST SEMINAR ATTENDEES:

"This was one of the best 5-day courses I have taken - learned enough about carbonates that I could start a carbonate project and know where to look for help and what type of preparation I need, and that should help the company.”
"Good all around course directed at petroleum problems and objectives. A good mixture of classical theory, case studies, new findings and practical applications."
" Overall, I really enjoyed the class and gained a great deal from it. I will strongly recommend this course to other engineers."
"It is obvious that Jeff has taught this course many times - excellent command of material and direction for the course. One of the best courses I've attended."
"Jeff Dravis has put together the best geologically-oriented course I have taken in my seven
years with Conoco. Five stars!"

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER GO TO: www.dravisinterests.com (click on “training seminars”), or see attached brochure.

Contact me if you have any questions. I can provide you with a syllabus and schedule via e-mail.

THIS SEMINAR IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO BE TAUGHT ON A PRIVATE BASIS JUST FOR YOUR COMPANY. If you would like to receive a Power Point presentation with information on a private version of this seminar, please e-mail me.

If you do not wish to receive future notices of upcoming seminars, please let me know.

Cheers,

Jeff Dravis
(713) 667-9844
E-Mail: jdravi@rice.edu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    carbonet.net Forum Index -> Conferences, meetings etc. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: